In this video I made some yummy apple pie! It’s a perfect dessert for all seasons and I just really love apples! Hope you enjoy 🙂 Recipe below!
Recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen. Check it out here https://youtu.be/KbyahTnzbKA
• 2.5 cups all purpose flour
• ½ tbsp granulated sugar
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 cup unsalted butter (colder the better)
• 6-7 tbsp ice water
• 3 apples (thinly sliced, depends on pan size and apple size but you can increase or decrease to your liking)
• ½ cup unsalted butter
• 3 tbsp all purpose flour
• ¼ cup water
• 1 cup sugar
• 1.5 tsp cinnamon (or to your liking)
(Preheat oven to 425F)
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan at medium heat, pour in the flour and whisk until combined (around 2 minutes).
2. Add in water and sugar and continue mixing until all incorporated and let it cool.
3. Cut apples and pour the cooled sauce over the apples. Add cinnamon and mix until all combined.
4. Pour flour in a big mixing bowl and add sugar and salt.
5. Dice up the butter into small pieces and pour into the dry mixture. Cut in the butter until sandlike texture. You can use a fork, pastry blender, or your hands to achieve this.
6. Slowly pour in the ice water and combine the dough.
5. Once it’s in a cohesive dough, lightly dust a wooden board and put the dough on the board. Cut it in half.
6. After forming a circle, roll the dough into a big flat circle (or to cover your pan). Lay this in the pan and pour in the apple mixture.
7. Roll the second half of the dough into a circle as well (as best as you can) and cut it up into 8 equal width pieces.
8. Lay the first four pieces on the pie and then alternate putting the other pieces so it forms a lattice. (I watched a video tutorial on this but it’s fairly easy!)
9. Mix the egg and some water in a small bowl and brush on the egg wash before baking.
10. Bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy and serve with some icecream if you wish!
Original of the video here