Hi Everyone! It’s Wednesday again, can we believe it? Seems like I was just on here posting to you about my Fruit Explosion Muffins, which if you haven’t made those yet, what are you waiting for?! Hope you all had a good weekend, and got to get outside during the days we had some sunshine! If you live somewhere warm… I envy you haha! I get so happy and motivated when there is some sun or even a bright sunny morning just gets me in the mood to knock a million things off my list! Anyhow we are making a simple base recipe that you can change to make a million kinds of cookies! Today I am showing you a chocolate chunk and a raisin version of these oatmeal cookies! I love base recipes that you can adapt just by changing the add-ins of your choice! Happy Baking! Recipe below as always! 🙂
– ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
– ½ cup Brown Sugar
– ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
– 1 egg, at room temperature
– 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
– 1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
– 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
– ½ tsp Baking Soda
– ½ tsp Salt
– 1 cup Oatmeal (Large Flake)
– ½ cup Chopped Dark Chocolate/ Chocolate Chunks
– ½ cup Raisins
– Large Bowl
– Whisk/ Handheld Electric Mixer
– Baking Sheet
– Measuring Cups & Measuring Spoons
– Liquid Measuring Cups
– Parchment Paper
– Ice Cream Scoop
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, using a handheld electric mixer or a whisk, cream together the sugar and butter.
3. Add in your egg and whisk to combine.
4. Mix in your dry ingredients.
5. Before you add in your “fixings” (chocolate chunks, raisins, etc) divide your dough into two portions. You can skip this step if you want to make all of the batter one kind of cookie.
6. Stir in your fixings of choice. Here I am using chocolate chunks and raisins, whatever add-ins you’d like to add keep the measurement the same.
7. Scoop the dough using an ice cream scoop onto a parchment lined baking tray and press down each cookie with your palm.
8. You can bake the cookies right away, but I like to chill the dough for at least 10-15 minutes. (This dough keeps perfect once frozen, and whenever you want fresh cookies just to put the frozen cookie pucks on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350˚F.)
9. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown but still “gooey” looking in the center. They will continue baking on the hot sheet pan. (This process is called “carry-over cooking”). (You may need to add a couple extra minutes for frozen cookies.)
10. You want your cookies to remain soft and gooey but with those crispy edges. The different textures are what makes these the ultimate chocolate chunk cookie! Enjoy warm or let cool completely for easy packing as gifts or storage.
Smile Lots 🙂
Original of the video here
[Music]hey guys welcome back to the pantrykitchen I’m Katherine and today I’mgonna show you two recipes and onecookie base so we’re gonna make oatmealraisin cookies out of it and oatmealchocolate Chuck so let’s get started inin my bowl I’m gonna cream together bothmy sugars my vanilla extract and mybutter and my butter you can have itslightly melted or something no work Ihad a little bit of cold butter in hereso I had to kind of nuts it just bealthough to cream it with my sugars andwith my handheld electric mixer I’m justgonna mix it up just until it’s nice andcreamy[Music][Music]now that those are all creamed togetherwe’re gonna add in the egg whisk againmaking a mess that’s what nothing we’redoing nowadays[Music]that creamed up we’re gonna add in allof our dry ingredientslike I said this is one base that youcan add in any fixes if you want so I’mjust going to stir this and no and thenonce we have this part finished I’mgoing to separate the dough and then wecan stir in our fixings so just takeyour time working in all of the flourand again like every other cookie recipethat I make and cookie dough we’re goingto chill it before we bake it and thisone too holds up well and the freezersthat you can just bake as many as youneed or as many as you want and thenkeep the rest in the freezerespecially for those late-night cravingsbecause we’re all staying up a littlebit later nowadays you can pop in acouple of cookies and satisfy thatcraving as opposed to baking the wholetrip but you can totally do that toothat’s now that I have this all work DanI just want separated in half prettygood and you can double triple thisrecipe as much as you want and as manycookies as you want to freeze this isjust stuff a nice recipe and you shouldhave pretty much all of theseingredients on hand to my One Bowl withthough meal raisin and the cinnamonworks really well especially in thesecookies but in both it’s not too muchthat you have to make two separatedough’s just because of the cinnamon butif you don’t like the cinnamon and thechocolate ones you can totally omit ituntil this point and then just sprinklethese together – and then we’ll go aheadand skip them on our train JK I’m gonnaplay in slow motion oh as soon gainwhen you did that it’s all good okaytime to chill now that third shelf wecan go ahead and pop them in a 350degree oven they’ll both take the sameamount of baking time and just on thechocolate ones I’m just popping a littlebit of sea salt on top now they’ll bakefor 12 to 14 minutes time to taste ohgod I can’t resist I gotta go in for thechocolate one cuz don’t me wrong I loveme some oatmeal raisin but you know meand my chocolate I’m like oh when youchop the chocolate yourself you just getshards of chocolate that just melt Imean you get the chunks and it’s theperfect combinationmm-hmm penny a glass of milk my favoritething to do is use if you don’t likedark chocolate give it a try insomething sweet65% cacao or 65% cocoa whenever you readon the label or higher want it to bebetter for you has less sugar addedmore for the real stuff use that and allyour sweet thingscookies brownies all that kind of stuffbecause you’re going to use good qualitychocolate better for you when you getthat kind of a little bit bitter butyour cookie base is sweet enough that itwill provide the sweetness to yourchocolate so if you guys make these thisweekend comment below let me know sharea photo with me on Instagram and youguys have a wonderful weekend bye guys[Applause][Music]