#Milk #Bread #Eggs #Sugar
Traditional and authentic recipes made easy!
• 4 slices bread
• 4 cups milk
• 8 tbsp. sugar
• 4 eggs
• 2 tbsp. raisins/sultanas (optional)
• 1 tsp. vanilla essence
• ¼ cup (or 2 tbsp.) sugar, for caramel
• (Place sugar in a pan on low flame and heat till the sugar melts and turns golden brown)
1. Place milk on heat, add the sugar, stir to dissolve and bring to a boil. Switch off.
2. Break the bread into small pieces, add to the hot milk.
3. When cool add the eggs and beat the mixture well or transfer to a blender and blend till smooth. Add vanilla essence and raisins.
4. Take a medium cake tin and coat with caramel. Add the bread mixture and steam or bake on medium low heat till done, approx.. one hour.
5. To test if the pudding is done, insert a knife in the center and if it comes out clean the pudding is ready.
6. If baking, add water to a tray and place the pudding dish in the water bath and bake on low for an hour or so on low.
Check out my blog for more recipes and information
My Blog – https://cooklikececilia.com
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Cooklikececila.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/rucilia
Instagram – https://instagram.com/cooklikececila.com
To obtain Maisrecipes Book –
Original of the video here