Vegan Pandan Waffles with Coconut Ice-Cream and Fresh Berries
A delicious breakfast, brunch or snack option, this recipe puts a twist on your traditional waffles, adding a punch of pandan to the mix. Pandan gives these waffles a sweet and fragrant edge, while tinting the waffles with its bold green colouring. Enjoy warm with coconut ice-cream and fresh berries for the ultimate waffle splurge.
1 bunch fresh pandan leaves (chopped)
2 cups plant-based milk
2 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla paste
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
Cooking spray oil as needed
1. Add 2 cups plant-based milk and chopped pandan leaves into the blender. Blend well, strain into mixing bowl, add lemon juice or white vinegar Whisk and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add in vegetable oil, maple syrup, vanilla paste, sea salt and baking powder into pandan mix and whisk while gradually adding in flour.
4. Pre-heat waffle iron and spray with cooking oil, pour on batter and cook according to machine instructions.
5. Serve with ice-cream and fresh fruit.
6. Garnish with micro flowers.
Original of the video here
hi my name is heaven the owner of thebode restaurant and today we’re gonnaput an Asian twist on a classic dishwe’re gonna be making pandan waffleswith coconut ice cream fresh berries andmaple syrup it’s going to be deliciouschop the fresh pandan leaves and addyour plant-based milk blended on a highspeed then strained with a fine strainerthen you’re gonna add in your lemonjuice or white vinegar whisk and let itsit for about 5 minutes to let it curdleonce your mix has naturally thickenedwe’re gonna add in some vegetable oilsome maple syrup vanilla paste sea saltbaking powder and plain flour make sureyou mix it well you can either do thisby hand or with an electric mixer youreally want to try and just get all thelumps out so take your waffle machinespray some oil on it so that yourwaffles don’t stick and then pour yourbatter into your machine now eachmachine is different so make sure youfollow the instructions on your machineonce the waffles are ready we’re gonnapop them on a plate and then I add ascoop of coconut ice cream some freshberries to garnish and I drizzle it withsome maple syrup and there you have it adeliciously decadent dessert orbreakfast vegan pandan waffles withfresh berries and maple syrup[Music]