Chocolate and Matcha Checkered Cookies Recipe
1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
¾ cup sugar
½ cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp matcha green tea powder
1. Cream together the butter and the sugars using a mixer until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Mix in.
3. Add the flour and slowly mix it in. Mix until the dough comes together.
4. Split the dough in half and put one of the halves in another bowl.
5. Add the cocoa powder to one of the bowls and mix to combine.
6. Add the green tea powder to the other bowl and mix to combine.
7. Put the chocolate dough onto a flat surface with saran wrap (or parchment paper and later wrap the dough in saran wrap).
8. Using your hands and the saran wrap, shape the dough into a rectangular prism — 9 inches by 2 inches.
9. Wrap the dough with the saran wrap and set aside.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 with the green tea dough.
11. Refrigerate the two doughs for 2 hours or 1 hour in the freezer.
12. After cooling, slice the chocolate dough into thirds “hot dog” style. Do the same for the green tea dough.
13. Stack the cut dough into two stacks. One alternating – chocolate, green tea, chocolate — and the other alternating — green tea, chocolate, green tea –.
14. Slice both stacks into thirds like in step 12.
15. Stack the new cut dough into two stacks. Make sure the two outside strips alternate when stacking. One outside colors alternating – chocolate, green tea, chocolate — and the other one outside colors alternating — green tea, chocolate, green tea –.
16. Wrap both rectangular doughs with saran wrap and shape them as you see fit.
17. Refrigerate them for 2 hours or 1 hour in the freezer.
18. After, they should be firm enough to cut into cookies.
19. Place the cookies ¾ inch apart on the trays.
20. Bake at 375 °F for 9 minutes. Rotate the trays halfway.
21. Cool on the cooling rack.
22. Enjoy with tea or coffee!
If you dislike green tea, just make it vanilla or strawberry! I recommend these cookies with banana milk 🙂
Ikson – Last Summer
Original of the video here