These chocolate chip cookies are chewy, soft, perfectly buttery and easy to make. This is my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies and they turn out perfect every time.
Yield about 12 cookies
Prep time 1 hour 15 min
Cook time 12 min
Chewy chocolate chip cookies ingredients:
all-purpose flour – 1 and 1/3 cups;
baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon;
salt – 1/2 teaspoon;
unsalted butter, room temperature – 1/2 cup (115 g);
brown sugar – 1/2 cup;
granulated sugar – 1/4 cup;
large egg room temperature – 1;
vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon;
chocolate chips – 1 cup;
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract one at a time and mix until fully combined.
3. Slowly mix in the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined, then mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Cover the cookie dough and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator, scoop the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave a little room between each ball of cookie dough.
6. Bake at 350°F for ~12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and the top is set.
Bon Appétit 🌸
Music in video:
That Kid in Fourth Grade Who Really Liked the Denver Broncos by Chris Zabriskie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Original of the video here