Since most countries are imposing lockdown for their citizens due to the coronavirus pandemic, most have limited access to bakery products. If you are craving to eat bread but don’t want to go out, here is a fast and easy way to make bread. It just takes about 1 hour to prepare and bake this bread. And it uses ingredients that are mostly found at home. Good for breakfast, dinner or snacks.
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon or apple cider or vinegar
3 cups flour (bread flour is preferred, but you can use any kind of flour except cake flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or olive oil
1/3 – 2-3 cup water (depending on the consistency of dough and kind of flour you are using)
1. Best eaten with cheese, jam or peanut butter.
2. It is recommended to use a skillet with cover, but since others don’t have skillet so I am using 3 pans, 1 for bottom pan and the other to cover the dough.
3. This bread is good for people with high uric acid and acid reflux because of the baking soda. Unlike the yeast which makes the bread acidic.
4. You can add spices like garlic, onions, bell pepper, black pepper, or olives whichever is available to cover the baking soda smell.
5. You can also add diced ham, pepperoni with spices making this a complete meal in itself.
6. You can also add grated cheese to the dough to make cheese bread.
#nokneadbread #bakingsodabread #lockdown
Original of the video here