Today, Josh is showing you how to create the Chicken & Waffles Pot Pie from the GMM episode, Will It Pot Pie? Make your own with the recipe below! MK #048
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich!
Apple Podcasts: https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you’ll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh’s Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Waffle – 1:12
Chicken & Gravy – 4:24
Fill & Bake – 8:47
Step 1: Big-Ass Waffle Top
* 1 ¾ cup AP flour
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 1 ¾ cup buttermilk
* ½ cup maple butter, melted
* 2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
2) In another bowl, add the buttermilk, melted maple butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
3) Combine the two until you get a thick, bubbling batter.
4) Food lube your waffle iron, and begin to pour the batter into the iron.
5) Remove from waffle iron and set aside on a plate. Make some extras for yourself because you deserve it!
* Waffle Iron
* 2 Large Mixing Bowls
Step 2: Chicken Filling
* 3 Tbsp butter
* ¼ cup flour
* 2 cups stock
* ¾ cup maple syrup
* ¼ tsp black pepper
* 3 large chicken breasts, sliced into 1 inch chunks
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 cup flour
* ⅓ cup cornstarch
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 1 tsp paprika
* ¼ tsp mustard powder
* ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
* ¼ tsp oregano
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 bottle Louisiana hot sauce
1) Add the butter and flour together in a pan. Heat until the texture of wet sand, then add stock, black pepper, and maple syrup. Whisk together until you get a thick gravy consistency.
2) While the gravy is thickening, add flour, cornstarch, salt, black pepper, paprika, mustard powder and cayenne pepper to a bowl. In another bowl, add eggs, buttermilk, and some dashes of hot sauce. Begin dredging your chicken bites in a dry wet dry method. Fry at 350 until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
* 1 medium saucepan
* 2 large bowls
* 2 spoons
* Deep fryer
* Sheet pan with rack
* Slotted spoon
Step 3: Fill and Bake
* Non-stick spray
* 1 round pre-made pie dough
* 1 portion chicken filling
* 1 large waffle
1) Use your food lube to spray down either a pie dish or springform pan. Gently roll out your pie dough and form it to the edges of the pan. Add fried chicken bites to the bottom of the pie pour gravy on top, then top it with the waffle, pressing it down so it forms with the pie dough.
2) Cover with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 15 until the waffle crisps up. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
* Pie pan (or 7 inch springform pan)
Original of the video here