Super easy strawberry sponge cake. Strawberry pie (easy to cook) !!
The sponge cake can be prepared in advance (and topped later).
Please note that baking time depends on your oven.
28 cm round pie plate
Ingredients for batter:
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 100 g
Flour – 100 g
Vanilla sugar – 8 g (1 sachet)
Baking powder – 5 g
Hot water – 45 ml
Strawberry – 400 g
Sour cream 25% – 100 g
Sugar 60 g
Cake glaze – 8 g (1 sachet) (ex. Dr. Oetker Clear Glaze)
Sugar – 25 g
Water – 250 ml
1. Separate whites from yolks.
2. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the whites with 45 ml of hot water until peaks form.
3. Continuing to beat, gradually add 100 g of sugar, vanilla sugar – 8 g
4. Continuing to beat, add two yolks to the whites.
5. Then add 100 g flour and 5 g baking powder. The batter is ready.
6. Preheat oven to 170C (338F).
8. Spray the pie plate with cooking spray (brush with room temperature butter/grease the pie plate).
9. Pour the batter into the pie plate.
10. Bake in a preheated oven on the middle rack without convection for about 10 – 15 minutes. Bake until golden.
11. Wash and cut berries.
12. To prepare the cream, beat 100 g of sour cream and 60 g of sugar.
13. Let the cake cool completely before using it.
14. Finish with cream and strawberries.
15. Prepare the cake glaze according to the instructions. Mix the contents with 25g of sugar. Then add 250 ml of water and mix thoroughly. Bring the mass to a boil and stir constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Cool slightly, not allowing the jelly to thicken. Pour the glaze on top of the strawberries (spread evenly from the center to the edges).
16. Strawberry pie tastes better after chilling in the fridge for about 1 hour.
17. Since sour cream and fresh strawberries are perishable products, the pie’s shelf life is no more than a day. Store the finished cake in the refrigerator.
Original of the video here