Summer days were made for berry desserts! This fresh strawberry pie is a great way to celebrate summer’s abundance. A buttery, flakey pie crust is layered with sweet strawberries coated in a sweet and tart strawberry gelatin and made in the Sharp SuperSteam+™ Built-In Wall Oven . Be sure to serve this with a big scoop of freshly made whipped cream!
– 1/2 cup salted butter
– 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 3 tablespoons ice water
– 40 large strawberries divided, tops removed
– 1 cup water
– 1 cup white sugar
– 2 tablespoons corn starch
– 1 tablespoon gelatin
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Chop butter in small cubes, and freeze for at least 1 hour.
2. Add all-purpose flour, salt, and butter to a food processor bowl, and process until a fine crumb form. Do not over process, which will heat the mixture and melt the butter.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of ice-cold water, and pulse to combine into a dough. If the mixture is too crumbly, add another tablespoon of water to help it come together.
4. Set the Sharp Superheated Steam+ Wall Oven to Bake at 400º for 20 minutes of bake time.
5. Place the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper, and roll out into a thin sheet, large enough to span a 9-inch pie plate.
6. Peel the top layer of the parchment off the rolled out dough, and flip it over onto the pie plate. Gently peel back the top layer of parchment.
7. Use hands to press the dough into the shape of the pie plate. Use fingers to press the dough that is overhanging under the crust, and press down along the edges. Use a fork if desired to add a decorative edge to the crust.
8. Use a fork to press holes into the sides and bottom of the pie crust to prevent air bubbles from forming. Add a piece of parchment paper to the inside circle of the curst, and then add pie weights to hold down the base of the crust during baking.
9. Bake the crust until it is golden brown around the edges and just starting to brown in the center, about 20 minutes.
10. Allow to cool before filling.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
1. Take 5 large strawberries and 1 cup of water, and process in a blender to form a very smooth strawberry puree.
2. Add the strawberry puree, sugar, corn starch, gelatin, and lemon juice to a pot, and bring to a boil over medium high heat, being sure to whisk the mixture to prevent clumping. Allow the strawberry sauce to boil for about 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
3. Add the strawberries to the pie crust to evenly cover the base, and then pile up higher in the center. Pour the cooled strawberry sauce over the tops of the berries.
4. Chill the pie for 2 hours or more to set before serving.
Original of the video here