Super delicious, mouth-watering Syrniki aka Cheese pancakes recipe to keep you nourished and happy! Give it a try especially if you are a little bit tired of the same old breakfast ideas.
500g unsalted cottage cheese (aka twarog/tworog/tvorog), 9-12% fat (I use half fat twarog)
2 egg yolks
4 tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
100 g plain flour (5 tbsp)
1/3 cup flour – you will need it to dredge syrniki
Jams, fresh fruits/ berries, powdered sugar, sour cream, sour cream and honey (use greek yogurt if sour cream is not your thing), maple syrup.
1. Stir 500 g of unsalted farmers cheese in a big bowl.
2. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Add 4 tbsp of sugar.
4. Add 2 egg yolks.
5. Stir all the ingredients together with a fork until well combined.
6. Add 100 g of sifted plain flour to the mixture and mix all the ingredients together.
7. Add plain flour to a small plate.
8. Take approximately 1,5 – 2 tbsp of the mixture and form syrnik with your hands.
9. Dredge every syrnik with flour on both sides after you form them. This will make sure that syrniki don’t stick to the pan. Shake off the extra flour and set aside until you are ready to cook them.
10. Add sunflower oil to the warm pan.
11. Place syrniki into the pan. Сover with a lid. Fry until golden brown, about 2,5 minutes each side on medium heat. Use forks to help you flip syrniki easily. Cover with a lid after flipping.
12. Flip syrniki for the 3rd time, turn off the heat, cover with the lid. Leave for 30 seconds
5. Transfer to a plate and serve with your favourite toppings.
6. BON APPETITE!
// COME SAY HI! 👋🏼
//SHOP MY PRODUCTS! ❤️
And make sure you subscribe to my channel! 🎉
Original of the video here