150g salted butter, softened
70g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
225g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
(Bicarbonate of sodaBicarbonate of soda, or baking soda, is an alkali which is used to raise soda breads and full)¼ tsp salt
200g plain chocolate chips or chunks
* Heat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5 and line two baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
* Put 150g softened salted butter, 80g light brown muscovado sugar and 80g granulated sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy.
* Beat in 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 large egg
* Sift 225g plain flour, ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda and ¼ tsp salt into the bowl and mix it in with a wooden spoon.
* Add 200g plain chocolate chips or chunks and stir well.
* Use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture, spacing them well apart on the baking trays. This mixture should make about 30 cookies.
* Bake for 8–10 mins until they are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre if you press them.
* Leave on the tray for a couple of mins to set and then lift onto a cooling
Original of the video here