Hi Foodie Friends!
This video has been so highly requested and I am so happy to finally share it with you all! We are making Levain Bakery-esque size cookies. These cookies are so soft and chewy and as you all requested, EGGLESS!
This video was highly requested in my first cookie video where I show you how I make the SOFTEST & CHEWIEST Chocolate Chip Cookies, so if you haven’t seen it, definitely check it out!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWepbT0KGjQ
As I mention in this video, there are several egg substitutes in baking, however they are not ONE SIZE FITS ALL. Different egg substitutes work better in different recipes, so it’s up to us to experiment and see what works best. Lucky for you, the egg substitute in this recipe is the perfect one for cookie recipes! The cookies came out perfect and the egg sub didn’t alter the taste or texture of this cookie AT ALL. My family couldn’t even tell that the cookies were eggless. To make these cookie, see the recipe below:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp (make sure you use a full fat stick butter, not margarine or butter that contains some vegetable oil or any spreadable butter)
Egg substitute: 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp water, 1 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup roughly chopped chocolate chunks
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a bowl, combine the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract.
2. In a small bowl/cup create your egg substitute. Combine 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp water and 1 tsp oil and mix. Add to your butter and sugar mixture.
3. Mix the ingredients until you achieve a ribbon-like consistency
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda
5. Add in your dry ingredients to your wet mixture
6. Once you no longer see flour in the bowl and your cookie dough has come together, fold in your chocolate chunks and walnuts
7. Roll the dough into LARGE palm size balls and add chocolate chunks to the top of your cookie dough balls
8. Chill cookie dough balls in the fridge for at least 30 mins
9. Bake at 350F for 12-15 mins
10. Cool for 10 mins and ENJOY!
Makes ~7 cookies
#egglesschocolatechipcookies #chewychocolatechipcookies #levainbakerystylecookies #largecookies #softandchewychocolatechipcookies #chocolatechunkcookies #egglessrecipes ———————————————————————————————————————–
FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM:
Original of the video here