These Healthy Snickerdoodles are soft, chewy and full of the classic cinnamon sugar flavor without any butter or sugar. This gluten-free and vegan snickerdoodle cookie recipe is so easy to make in one bowl and are also grain-free, low carb, keto-friendly, sugar-free and paleo-friendly.
Get The Full Recipe Here,
1/4 cup solid refined organic coconut oil OR solid ghee (you want the texture to be similar to softened room temperature butter)
3 tablespoons creamy unsalted cashew butter OR pecan butter , (can also sub with creamy unsalted nut butter or seed butter of choice but cashew butter OR pecan butter gives the best flavor profile)
1/4 cup Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup OR pure maple syrup for paleo
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
3 tablespoons coconut flour ,sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cinnamon sugar topping
¼ cup golden monk fruit sweetener OR coconut sugar for paleo
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the nut butter, softened coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
Top view of paleo pumpkin bread batter in a white bowl with a wooden spoon.
3. STIR IN THE DRY INGREDIENTS: Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cream of tartar then stir well until combined.
4. CHILL DOUGH: If the dough seems too soft (this could result if you used melted coconut oil), you can cover the bowl and chill in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. I do not usually have to chill mine.
5. PREHEAT OVEN: Meanwhile preheat oven and mix together the cinnamon sugar coating in a small bowl
6. FORM INTO COOKIE DOUGH BALLS: Remove the chilled dough and roll into 1.5 Tablespoon-sized balls.
7. Then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar topping.
8. Place on baking sheet about 2.5 inches apart.
Gently flatten and sprinkle extra cinnamon-sugar on top if desired.
9. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until slightly brown. Do not overbake. The cookies will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for at least 25 minutes, otherwise they will fall apart.
10. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
MY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Website with over 900 recipes:
Email Inquiries: lifemadesweeter (at) gmail (dot) com
#lowcarb #paleo #vegan
Original of the video here