This video is requested by my nephew Shaun Taylor as he wants to learn how make cookies.
Here’s the recipe:
* 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 tablespoon corn starch
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1 egg room temperature
* 1 egg yolk room temperature
* 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
* Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl for two minutes.
* Whisk in the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy.
* Add the flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt and mix just until combined.
• Add in the chocolate chips.
• Scoop out cookie dough, about 1/4 cup per cookie, and roll the dough balls in your hands until smooth. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 to 60 minutes.
* Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius fan.
* Place cookie dough about 3 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
* Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies are done when the edges are golden and the centre looks slightly under baked.
* Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire racks to finish cooling.
* Store in an airtight container or baking tin for up to 3 days.
Original of the video here