Light, crisp and delicate, my recipe for these classic Butter cookies are absolute melt in your mouth deliciousness. Made using basic ingredients, this is a super easy bake.
If you like quick and easy bakes, then this is a great recipe for you. Using basic ingredients which you probably have in your kitchen right now makes these cookies the perfect any day treat.
BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE
FAQ: Why my cookies flattened while baking in the oven?
It might be due to the butter’s condition. The consistency is very important if you’re piping these cookies. Solution: You can fold in 1 or 2 tbsp of flour, then check if the consistency is slightly thickened. Do not over add the flour. Another way is after piping, you can pop them into the fridge for about 30min, just to hardened it a little, then bake it. If you find after adding 1 or 2 tbsp of flour is comfortable you can bake it straight away.
113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
60g (1/4 cup+1 tbsp) fine sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour
16g (2 tbsp) cornstarch
Piping tip: 1M
1. Preheat oven at 170°C/340°F.
2. In a large bowl, add the room temp (or softened) butter. Add sugar and salt. Mix them using a spatula. Then switch to an electric mixer. Mix until creamy, pale and fluffy.
3. Add the yolk and vanilla extract. Mix till combined.
4. Sift the cake flour and cornstarch in 2 batches. Fold in using a spatula. Sift the remaining dry ingredients until the flour disappear.
5. Transfer the dough into a piping bag. I am using 1M tip. Double up the piping bag if yours is thin like mine. A thin piping bag will cause breaking of the bag. Also it will ease your piping.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C/340°F for about 15-18 min. For 15min, the cookies might be softer than 18min bake, so it really depending on how crispy you desire your cookies to be.
7. Let it cool completely.
8. Cookies are ready to serve.
Follow me at:
Facebook: Cook and Bake with Gian
Please Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAZmhMXQcEgHXrETD6yMhUw?view_as=subscriber
#buttercookies #homemade #quickandeasyrecipe
Original of the video here