I love coconut and like to experiment with it.It’s loaded with the right nutrients. Crunchy and chewy, these cookies just melts in your mouth and gives you an experience that no other cookie can! Making coconut cookies at home is not that difficult as it sounds, and can be easily made with a little efforts.
Coconut has No cholesterol, or trans fats,Contains essential nutrients like dietary fiber, manganese, and copper. 1 ounce of coconut provides 38 grams of dietary fiber.
The traditional method of preparing Coconut Cookies includes egg in it, however this is an eggless version that will make your mouth water. To prepare this American recipe, all you need are simple ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen and refrigerator. To prepare it, you just need: Unsweetened desiccated coconut, all purpose flour, milk, butter, brown sugar or powdered sugar.
It is a perfect teatime snack and besides nutrition, it’s easy to store in the refrigerator for months without spoiling and comes in really handy So, if you ready to experiment a bit, try this cookie recipe at home and enjoy with your loved ones!
All purpose flour – 1Cup
Powdered sugar- ½ cup
Unsalted butter,room temperature – ½ cup
( Melted ghee can be used)
Baking powder- ½ tsp
Desiccated Coconut- ½ cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Desiccated coconut ( coating) – 3 tbsp
How to cook Coconut cookies:
• Take a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut. If there are any leftover lumps, take a strainer and add those lumps in it. Take a spatula and press all those lumps. Keep this bowl aside until required.
• Place softened butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using a an electric beater, beat well both the ingredients until creamy and fluffy.
• To this creamy mixture add the dry ingredients mixture in batches.
• Mix the ingredients until it forms soft dough. This will turn into soft dough, which is neither runny nor sticky.
• If the dough is dry add milk to it, you may need a teaspoon less.
• And knead gently.
• Wrap cookie dough in a plastic wrap and rest it for 10 minutes. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
• preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking tray. Take the small size dough and and press gently in between palms, and coat with desiccated coconut and sugar mixture.
• Any shape can be made, If u have a cookie cutter , experiment with it.
• Arrange the cut coconut cookie dough on the greased baking tray. Leave enough space in between each cookie so they have room to expand.
• Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. Once out of the oven, eggless cookies will still be soft and gooey. No worries. Let it sit for a while, and they will become firm.
Note: Do not open the oven in between, as that can hamper the texture and taste of these cookies.
If you like our videos, Like us, leave your comments & Subscribe us @
Banana Walnut Muffins
Crispy Rice Crackers
MilletSoup & Chana Vada
Coconuts by Roa https://soundcloud.com/roa_music1031
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/al-coconuts
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/A0fbTc30ZG8
Original of the video here