Freshly baked bread without the fuss! 🍞
Makes 1 loaf
4 cups (560g) cake flour
8 tsp Royal Baking Powder
1½ tsp salt
2 tsp granulated sugar
2¼ cups milk, warmed
¼ cup oil
Butter and jam
Cheese and jam
Peanut butter and jam
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a loaf tin (27x11cm) with baking paper, sides overhanging slightly.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the cake flour, Royal Baking Powder, salt and sugar. Stir to mix.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the warmed milk and oil. Mix until fully incorporated and a thick but “stir-able” batter is achieved.
4. Scrape the bread dough into the prepared loaf tin.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the loaf tin from the oven, cover with foil and place back in the oven. Turn down the heat to 200°C and bake for 20 more minutes.
6. Allow the bread to cool in the loaf tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
7. Slice the loaf of white bread and serve with your toppings of choice; butter and jam, cheese and jam or peanut butter and jam. Serve with milky Rooibos tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/
Original of the video here