Focaccia is a great bread that everyone should know how to make and this is the easiest Focaccia Bread recipe I’ve found and we’ll be cooking it live on tonight’s Virtual Dinner Party.
In my last video, I shared the first steps in making your own focaccia bread at home so if you want to prepare your own focaccia dough ahead of time you can see that video here – https://youtu.be/O79req63x7g
Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode ➡ https://www.youtube.com/virtualdinnerparty?sub_confirmation=1
The EASIEST Focaccia Bread Ingredients:
• 6 1/2 cups flour
• 1 7g package of active dry yeast
• 3 1/2 cups warm water
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing and drizzling
Traditionally Focaccia bread has salt in the recipe but on this channel, we cook low sodium so have omitted this ingredient. If you wish to add salt to your focaccia dough you just need to add 2 tablespoons to the dry ingredients & a pinch or two of coarse salt for the top before baking.
The EASIEST Focaccia Bread Instructions:
PART 1 – See Part 1 here – https://youtu.be/O79req63x7g
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and yeast. Add the warm water to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until all the flour is incorporated and a sticky dough forms—no kneading required. Pour the 1/4 cup olive oil into a 6-quart plastic food container with a tight-fitting lid (or a large bowl).
Keeping the dough in the same bowl, wrap tightly and thoroughly in plastic wrap, making sure there’s plenty of room in the bowl for the dough to rise. Place in the refrigerator to rise for at least 24 hours or for up to 2 days.
1. When you’re ready to bake, oil an 18 x 13-inch baking sheet. Remove the focaccia dough from the refrigerator and transfer it to the prepared pan.
Using your hands, spread the dough out on the prepared pan as much as possible, adding oil to the dough as needed to keep it from sticking.
Place the dough in a warm place and let it rise until it about doubles in bulk. The rising time will vary considerably depending on the season. (In the summer, it might take just 20 minutes; in winter, it can take an hour or more.) When the dough is ready, it should be room temperature, spread out on the sheet, and fluffy feeling.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
3. Pat down the focaccia to an even thickness of about 1 inch on the baking sheet, and then make a bunch of indentations in the dough with your fingertips.
Dimple the entire dough and then drizzle the whole thing again with olive oil.
Optional – Sprinkle the entire surface of the focaccia evenly with sea salt or topping of choice.
4. Bake, rotating once front to back until the top is uniformly golden brown, about 15 – 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then slide out of the pan.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss my live streams and videos.
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWI9tVwBLw4fF4WO3t966Q?sub_confirmation=1
MY FAVOURITE KITCHEN STUFF
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker – https://geni.us/UUF5
Victorinox 10.25 Inch Fibrox Serrated Knife – https://geni.us/KKI0S
Victorinox 10 Inch Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife – https://geni.us/iGaN7V
Victorinox Cutlery 3.25-Inch Paring Knife – https://geni.us/b6H0r
Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs – https://geni.us/SWLY
Weber Q 3200 Propane Gas BBQ – https://geni.us/Aq79
ABOUT MY CHANNEL
All of the recipes I share are low sodium and perfect for people that are trying to reduce sodium in their diet for health & medical reasons. They are also quick, easy and all very tasty!
If you have any questions about this or any other low sodium recipe on my channel please leave me a comment!
#FocacciaBread #ItalianBread #Bread
Original of the video here