This is an easy pasta bake, with quick and easy garlic bread. Pasta bakes’ are a great way to use leftover veg. Whatever you do choose to use, the 3 key ingredients are a can of chopped tomatoes, cream and a ‘cheese’ sauce. You can use actual cheese or make a white sauce.
Ingredients (4 people) for pasta bake:
– 2 cups of pasta of your choice
– 3 cups of veg of your choice
– 1 can of chopped tomato
– 150ml of soya/oat cream
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp garlic
– 2 tbsp butter
– 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
– 250ml plant based milk
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
– salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients (4 people) for garlic bread and kale chips:
– 3 tbsp butter
– 1 and 1.5 tsp garlic powder or ground
– 1 tsp mixed italian herb or chives
– 8 slices of loaf bread
– 1 handful of kale per person
– 1 tbsp oil
– sprinkle of salt
1. Cook your pasta
2. While the pasta cooks, fry your veg
3. Once veg is soft, add a can of tomatoes, garlic and paprika, and any other desired spices
4. Once mixed, add your cream. Taste and add more spices if needed
5. Once pasta is cooked, add it to veg mix
6. Place mix into a casserole dish
7. Mix ‘cheese’ sauce: Melt butter in a jug. Add flour, mix well. Add milk. Add some salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes, or until thick.
8. Spread sauce all over, in all the corners
9. Place in oven, 200 degrees, for 20 minutes
10. Garlic bread: mix butter, garlic and herbs. Spread on bread
11. Kale chips: place chips in oven dish and sprinkle salt and oil on. Mix well.
12. Bake bread and kale for 8 minutes.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Original of the video here