Hyderabadi shahi tukda is a famous Indian dessert loved by all. It’s an indian bread dessert made with fried bread and a rabdi topping. Shahi thukda sweet is quite popular like double ka meetha. In this video learn how to make this famous shahi tukda recipe.
10 slices milk bread
1 cup (200gms) sugar
2 tbsp sugar
200 ml ghee
1 litre whole fat milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup assorted dry fruits (cashews, almonds, chironji)
100 gms kova
4 green cardamoms
6 to 7 saffron strands
1. Slice the bread into two equal halves and set aside.
2. Fry the bread slices in ghee until both sides turn golden brown. Set aside for later.
2. In a large pan, add water and allow it to boil. When the water boils add the sugar.
3. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves. It will take a couple of minutes on medium flame.
4. Add crushed cardamom powder & saffron strands. Switch off the flame when syrup is sticky.
5. Dip the fried bread in warm sugar syrup for 20 to 30 seconds and assemble them on a plate.
6. Now to make the rabdi topping, pour 1 litre of full-fat milk in a large vessel.
7. Allow the milk to boil on low or medium flame, to form cream.
8. Once cream forms, keep collecting the cream to the side of the vessel for about 20 minutes.
9. Once sufficient cream is collected, switch to high flame and keep stirring.
9. Add 2 tbsp sugar and kova and cook further until the rabdi turns thick. Garnish with some dry fruits.
10. It takes about 45 minutes to make the rabdi.
11. Pour the hot rabdi over the bread slice and garnish with dry fruits. Serve it hot!
NOTE – You can also refigerate for an hour & consume it chilled.
Original of the video here