Today, i bring to you a interesting twist to the age old dish of upma; one that you can make in 10 minutes. Bread upma – a quick bite for those mornings when you have that annoying early morning meeting.
Like, share and subscribe (hit that bell button) for more such videos for easy recipes to make at home! 🙂
1. 6-7 bread slices (I’ve used white bread slices – you can maybe try other varieties and tell me how it comes out!)
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 1 tomato, chopped
4. A few green chilies, chopped
5. 1/2 tsp urad dal
6. 1/2 tsp chana dal
7. 1/2 tsp mustard dal
8. 1/2 lemon
9. 1/2 tsp haldi / turmeric powder
10. 1 tsp red chili powder
11. 1/2 tsp sugar
12. Salt, to taste
1. Cut the bread slices roughly into 1″ squares
2. Add 3-4 tbsps of oil in a pan and let it heat. Splutter mustard seeds, and then add the dals and cook until they become golden brown.
3. Add the chopped onions, and saute them mildly.
4. Add the tomatoes, chilies and all spices and cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes, until they become soft.
5. Squeeze lemon onto the mixture and add a cup of water to make it soft.
6. Finally, add the bread pieces and mix well.
7. Your bread upma is ready to serve! It goes well with sauce, or any chutney, or just by itself.
8. Today i have used only onion and tomato. You can however add corn, capsicum, peas, etc.
Enjoy your bread upma! 🙂
Original of the video here