Roger Hartwell, Director of Marketing and Communications at Seed Savers Exchange, walks you through baking pumpkin bread in this video from the resilience garden video series.
3 ½ Cup all-purpose flour
3 cups white sugar
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups pumpkin puree
½ cup water
• Preheat your oven to 350
• Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl
• Once all dry ingredients have been combined in a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients until they are evenly mixed.
• After you have mixed the dry and wet ingredients it’s time to mix them together.
• Once all ingredients have been combined it’s time to split them into two standard bread pans with equal amounts in each pan.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes. You know the bread is done when you insert a toothpick it comes out clean or until it has an internal temp of 210 degrees.
Original of the video here