In this video I’ll show you how to make Japanese milk bread! It’s much fluffier and softer than your typical white loaf, perfect for toasts and sandwiches, or even just on it’s own!. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Subscribe to our channel for more simple home made recipes! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpPyOqrr7ehCov1guZwqNqg?sub_confirmation=1
Printable recipe: http://samandfengcooking.com/
¼ cup water
¼ cup milk
23 grams flour
½ cup warm milk
7 grams active dry yeast
50 grams sugar
15 grams dry milk powder
350 grams bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
58 grams butter (room temp)
1.To make the tangzhong, add ¼ cup of water, ¼ cup of milk, and 23 grams of flour to a small saucepan. Continue to stir until it comes together into a smooth mixture with no lumps. Cool to room temperature before using.
2. For the bread, add yeast to the warm milk and sit for 5 to 10 minutes until activated.
3.To your mixer add the flour, milk powder, salt, sugar, egg, all of the tangzhong, and activated yeast.
4. Using the dough hook attachment, mix the dough on low speed for 5 minutes, it will be sticky.
5. Now add the softened butter. Scrape down the sides as needed.
6. Once all the butter is mixed in, mix on a higher speed for about 10 more minutes. The dough should become smooth and pull off cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
7. Spray a bowl with pam and add the dough, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for one hour or until doubled in size.
8. Now it’s time to shape, weigh the dough and divide into 4 equal balls.
9. Roll each ball into a rectangle and fold onto itself, rotate it 90 degrees and roll up.
10. Place the rolled dough into a greased bread pan seam side down.
11. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
12. Brush with milk or an egg wash and bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.
13. Right out of the oven, I like to brush the top with butter. Once cool enough, take out the loaf and put onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
#japanesemilkbread#howtomakebread#samandfengcooking #homecooking #cooking
Happy Life by Fredji
Promoted by MrSnooze https://youtu.be/rhV_DIoebmU
Original of the video here