09:17 Science behind bread
50ml Flour porridge
1 1/2 tbsp Powder milk
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp yeast
50ml flour porridge is created by mixing flour and water above a stove
Big spoon (rice spoon is also possible)
1. Mix flour, yeast, sugar, 1 1/2 tbsp butter, 1 egg, water and powdered milk into a bowl
2. After it is decently mixed and already become one, change into a mixer and mix until dough become smooth and liquidy
3. Add flour porridge, 1 tbsp butter and more flour until the dough is soft, bouncy and able to keep its form even when you stretch it (make sure when you stretch it thin, the dough did not break). if the dough is still making a hole after it is stretched, add more flour to the dough
4. cut the dough into small equal pieces. make sure the dough is smaller than your palm
5. prepare the baking mould and spread some butter into the surfaces of the mould. amount of butter can be affected by the size of the mould so its relative
6. Place the dough into the baking mould, then place a fabric in the top of it. this allows air to enter and exit but not allowing any moisture to escape. let it rest for 30 minutes to let fermentation happen
7. Preheat the oven at 150°C (302°F) and direct the heat from both above and below
8. Take out the dough and baste the top of the dough with 1 egg (dont use all).
9. Put dough in the oven for 10-20 minutes depending on your oven (mine’s 10 minute)
10. After it is done, take out the bread from the oven and rest it. baste some butter at the surface of the bread to keeps its crispiness.
11. Make your parents happy and enjoy!
This video is made by : Albert and Erwin
Cooking : Albert
Theory : Erwin
Video for Ms. Gaby and Friends
Original of the video here