#challah #bread #recipe
I know it’s a little late but Panettone makes me always happy. For those of you who aren’t familiar with panettone, it is a rich Italian sweet bread prepared usually around Christmas time. The preparation of panettone takes a few days which involves careful attention to details. I decided to make an easier version for you guys so you can enjoy this magic for the upcoming Shabbat dinner.
So shall we??
For the challah-
500 gr white flour
230 ml lukewarm water
50 gr sugar
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
10 gr dry yeast
10 gr sea salt
40 gr candied oranges
30 gr dried apricots
20 gr dried cranberries
20 gr golden raisins
30 gr chocolate chips
– Soak the panettone add-ins (without the chocolate) for 10 min. Drain and keep to add to the dough.
– In the stand mixer’s bowl mix the water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for 10 min.
– Add the egg. Add the flour and then the olive oil. Don’t mix.
– Start kneading the dough until starts coming together.
– Knead for 4 min. Add the salt.
– Change the speed of the mixer one level up. Add the panettone add-ins. Mix for 8 min.
– Round the dough and place it in a greased bowl covered with a towel. Let it rest until doubled in size.
– Divide as you like, I divided this beauty into 6 pieces of 150 gr each.
– Round each piece to a ball. Cover with a towel and let it sit for 10 min.
– Open the balls to strands and braid. Decorate the challah with more panettone toppings.
– Let her prove. You know it is ready to be baked when you touched the strands (gently!!!!!) and it bounced back slowly.
– Brush with egg yolk mixed with a sip of water. Don’t make a pool of egg on the challah. Light Brushing. We don’t want an omelet on our bread!
– Bake in a preheated oven to 380F or 190C for about 25 min. If the top of the challah gets brown too fast, cover the top with aluminum foil.
– Cool the challah on a rack.
– Mind-blowing Next day French toast guaranteed.
#challahqueen #challah #shabbatshalom #jewish #artisan #artisanbread #panettone #christmas #chocolate #shorts #india #usa #australia
Original of the video here