#breadmaking #breadrecipe #howto
How To Make Za’atar Focaccia Bread? Recipe & Making | Bengingi Baking
Another heavy snow hit the East coast of America. I look at it as the best excuse to make chubby sourdough focaccia. This guy here is with Za’atar, in the dough, and on top.
What are you waiting for??
100% flour (85% white flour, 15% whole-grain flour).
80% lukewarm water.
20% sourdough starter.
2% amazing olive oil.
3 tablespoons Za’atar.
– Autolysis: In a bowl, mix the flour and water mixture (apart from 50 grams of water which we will use later on) until consolidation. Leave to rest for an hour covered with a towel.
– Add the sourdough starter, and fold the dough inward until the starter is covered.
– Add the salt, Za’atar, and water from step 1 and knead until water and salt are incorporated into the dough.
– Add the olive oil and knead until incorporated. Folds on the side of the bowl create a beautiful, smooth side facing up. Cover with a towel and let the dough rest for half an hour.
– From this moment, every 30 minutes, we will fold the dough. Between the folds cover the dough with a towel.
– After 4 folds, oil the baking tray you will use for making the focaccia with a lot of olive oil, and move the dough there, with the beautiful side up. Cover and leave for half an hour.
– After resting, lightly stretch the dough towards the corners of the tray, not pushing it, if it returns slightly to the center- let it rest for another half hour and stretch again.
– After the dough is spread on the entire tray, cover the dough and let it rest until it nearly doubles its volume.
– Half an hour before the dough finished proofing when it seems to have doubled in volume, preheat the oven to 230 °C.
– After the focaccia has proofed, generously sprinkle her with amazing olive oil and more Za’atar and make holes in the dough with your fingers. Pay attention! We want to get the fingers to the bottom of the dough, to prevent it from rising at these wholes we did.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes.
– Take the focaccia out of the oven, brush her with olive oil.
– Try to resist 30 minutes before cutting her. Wow, Wow. Too tasty.
Original of the video here