How to Make Vegetable Pie.
Vegetable pie is a great vegetarian meal that can be made in a host of various ways. Perfect for for cold nights or rainy days, this is true vegetarian comfort food. This recipe features an egg free pastry recipe and several suggestions to make a basic but delicious pie for your enjoyment. This pie is easily made as 1 large pie for the table, or 4 pot pies.
To serve 4.
Ingredients Pastry : 75g butter, 50ml sour cream, 1.5 cups plain flour, Cold water (as required).
Vegetable Filling : 1 onion, chopped, 1 carrot, peeled and diced, 1/2 stick celery, diced (or about 1/4 cup), 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed (or about 1 cup), 1 small zucchini / courgette, cubed, 1 cup peas (frozen is fine), 2 cloves or garlic chopped.
Sauce : 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of plain flour, 2 cups of milk, Salt and pepper.
Optional additional flavorings
1 tablespoon curry powder or your favored spice blend to taste
1 tablespoon vegetarian beef, chicken, or bacon gravy powder or 2 stock cubes (such as the vegan Massel brand)
2 tablespoons of chopped herbs such as parsley, oregano, thyme, chives.
1. Gather your utensils & prepare your ingredients.
2. Prepare the pastry. In a food processor or other mixing bowl, combine butter and flour until blended, it should resemble fine crumbs. Add sour cream and pulse until combined. If necessary, add cold water 1 teaspoon at a time and pulse until it starts to form clumps of dough. Put aside in the fridge while you prepare your other ingredients.
3. Heat a large frying pan with a little oil or butter. Fry the carrots, onions and celery until golden brown. Add garlic and sweet potato with 1/2 cup of water. cover and simmer for 5 minutes. You may make the sauce during this time. Add zucchini and stir through, cook until vegetables are just tender. Take off the heat.
4. Make the sauce. Heat the butter and once melted, add the flour and optional spice seasonings if desired, Once combined, add the milk in batches, whisking over low heat until thick and smooth to the taste. Check for salt & pepper and add as required.
5. Combine sauce and vegetables. Add remaining peas and herbs if desired as these ingredients need minimal cooking. Place filling into the pie dish, casserole or individual serving dishes.
6. Roll out pastry thinly (approx 5mm or 1/5 of an inch) and top baking dish/s. Brush with milk or beaten egg if desired for a nice glaze.
7. Bake at 180C / 350F until pastry is golden and filling is warmed through. This is usually about 20-25 minutes.
READ MORE : https://howtomakesimplefoodrecipes.blogspot.com
(This articles based on www.wikihow.com)
This presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images and attributions:
recipe definition, food recipe, easy recipe, recipe cake, recipe food simple, recipe food indonesian, food recipe in english, recipe food ragnarok mobile, easy food recipe, comfort food indonesia, dishes recipes, recipe drink, indian recipe, korean recipe, japan recipe, chinese recipe, europen recipe, appetizer,baking,bbq ,chicken,butter,chicken,chicken and dumplings,chicken and mushroom,chicken parm,chicken pot pie,chicken tortilla soup,china food,chinese cooking,chinese fried rice,chinese recipes,cook shrimp,cookie recipe,cookies,cooking,cooking shrimp,dessert recipe,dinner,easy vegan,easy vegan dinners,easy vegan meals,egg recipe,egg roll,food,foodie,fried chicken,fried egg,fried rice,fried rice recipe,healthy vegan dinners,how to bake,how to cook,Lasagna,lunch,make chinese food,omelet,omelette,omelette recipe,pasta,pesto,plant based,quick vegan meals,recipe,recipes,rice recipes,salad,shrimp,shrimp fried rice,shrimp recipe,soup,stir fry,tortilla,vegan,vegan dinner ideas,vegan recipes,vegetable recipes,vegetable rice,vegetarian, 5 Best Fried Chicken Recipes,appetizer,appetizer recipes,bake,baking,chicken,chicken recipes,cook,cook with,cooking,cooking for friends,cooking videos,cooking with friends,dinner recipes,easy chicken recipes,easy dinner recipes,easy recipes,food,fried chicken,fried chicken recipes,fun recipes,homemade,how to bake,how to cook,how to make,recipe,recipe compilation,recipes,recipes to share,
Original of the video here