Here is an absolutely delicious juicy strawberry pie for this Christmas season.
2 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
1 tbsp powdered sugar
200g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2-3 tbsp ice cold water
600-800 gms fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 corn flour
Pie Crust method:
1. cut the softened butter into cubes and sift the flour over it.
2. Mix the butter and flour using a spatula or your hands. (do not over mix.It should resembles like bread crumbs)
3. Add the sugar and mix it.Gradually add enough ice water to the mixture while mixing until the mixture resembles a coarse meal
(If too much water is added, the pie dough will require more flour and thus become tough. If too little water is added,
you’ll notice the dough is dry and crumbly when you try to roll it )
4.It is important not to overmix the dough.
(The dough should come together easily and should not feel sticky.)
5. Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Sprinkle flour over your work station and rolling pin.
7. Place the dough, and flatten it with a rolling pin.
( roll the dough (not too thin) , into a big circle than the baking pie pan so that there is enough crust to go up the edges of the
dish and you can trim and shape the edges of the pie crust)
10.Fold the dough over and lay across the pie plate Press the
pie dough lightly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate and shape the edges.
(if it breaks just patch the pieces using your hands.)
1. cut the strawberries into bite-sized chunks.
2. Add 1 cup sugar and tsp cinnamon powder and 1/4 cup flour and mix well.
3. fill it in the pie crust.
4. Cut the dough into star shape and place across the top of the pie.
5. Brush the top lightly with milk.
Preheat over at 220 degree c and bake it for 40-50 min or untill the crust turns into golden brown color.
After it’s baked and golden brown, let the pie rest for a few hours at room temperature before slicing into it.
Delicious juicy strawberry pie is ready #strawberrypie #christmasrecipe
Original of the video here