Soufflé pancakes are super fluffy and delicious to eat. The main mechanism behind this airy pancakes is the meringue which is made from egg whites and sugar. Later this stiff meringue is folded gently into batter to make fluffy soufflé pancake.
More : Souffle pancake recipe, easy and best souffle pancakes, souffle pancake from scratch, souffle japanese pancake recipe, fluffy pancakes, how to cook souffle pancakes, easy homemade soufflé pancakes
Soufflé pancake ingredients
3 medium eggs – – yolk and whites separated
2 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. lemon juice/vinegar
3 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. oil
Butter & honey (optional)
How to cook souffle pancakes
1. Separate egg whites and yolks
2. In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk and sift the all purpose flour and whisk until light and smooth.
3. Add 1 tbsp. lemon juice to the egg whites
4. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer at low speed until frothy.
5. Add sugar to the egg whites, 1 tbsp. at a time while beating continuously. Beat until it becomes a very stiff meringue.
6. Scoop 1/4 of the meringue and add it to the egg yolk mixture. Mix them together until well combined. Add the half of the meringue and this time fold it in gently into the mixture. Do the same to the remaining meringue.
7. Use a piping bag with a wide tip to make it easier to form.
9. Prepare a large non-stick pan with cover.
10. Heat the pan over very low heat. Add some drops of oil and spread it all over the pan.
11. Pipe 2 mounds of the mixture about 1-2 inches high. Do this by holding the bag straight on top of the pan then squeeze it while pulling the bag up slowly.
It does not matter that the top is not so even, it will settle down as it cooks. Remember to leave some space in between as they will expand.
12. Cover the pan and wait 2 minutes. Remove cover. ( If you want it taller you can add some more of the batter on top).
13. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water in the spaces between the pancake batter and cover again. Steam for 2 minutes.
14. Remove the cover and check if the top and sides are no longer tacky.
15. Using a spatula carefully flip them. cove and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
16. Remove the pancakes from the pan and transfer to a plate. Serve with fruits, jam, honey, butter or just as it is.
Soufflé pancakes should be served and eaten immediately.
#soufflepancake #japanesepancakes #soufflepancakes
Subscribe LPR KITCHEN : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuRS67FNmbdDtjCK497IwA
Original of the video here