Join faculty and staff from across campus while they cook their favorite dishes that fit the lifestyle of college students! This week’s recipe is no-bake cookies, hosted by your Dean of Students, Dr. Leslie Williams.
For More info on CSUMB Basic Needs head to: https://csumb.edu/basicneeds
No-bake cookies are ready in no time! The ingredient are in most student pantries and are easy to make as a treat.
Yields approximately 3 dozen cookies
Equipment Needed: Stock pot, spoon, measuring cups and spoons, and parchment paper
3 cups sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
1/2 c chunky peanut butter
3-4 cups oatmeal, rolled oats preferred
1. Mix sugar and cocoa in a medium pot until all of the lumps of the cocoa are gone. (Not on stove)
2. Add milk and butter. Now place it on the stove.
3. Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
4. Boil for one minute, timed.
5. Add vanilla, salt, and peanut butter stirring until peanut butter is totally melted.
6. Slowly add oatmeal. Add three cups, if too runny to make drop cookies, add small amounts of oatmeal until thicker. They will dry out some as they cool, do don’t add too many oats.
7. Drop tablespoons sized cookies onto parchment paper.
8. Let cool.
Original of the video here