Monggo Bread Loaf
For Monggo Filling
- 1 1/4 cup red mung beans
- 1 cup sugar
For the Bread Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
Monggo Bread Recipe Filling
- Rinse the beans well. In a large bowl, place the beans in a bowl and enough water to cover for about 2 inches. Soak overnight.
Drain the soaked beans and discard the water. Transfer beans in a medium
saucepan and add enough water to cover for about 2 inches.
- Over medium heat, cook, occasionally stirring, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Let softened beans cool to room temperature. Transfer the beans to a blender and just enough liquid to help process efficiently.
- Process into a thick puree with little chunks of skin.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pureed beans and sugar. Stir until incorporated. Over medium heat, cook the mixture, stirring constantly, to a thick paste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Whisk until well-incorporated.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, water, and milk. Microwave until butter is melted and the temperature of the mixture is between 110 to 115. If too hot, cool down to the right temperature before proceeding to the next step.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir the until moistened.
- Add the egg and mix briefly.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of flour in increments. Once the dough gathers into a rough ball and pulls from the sides of the bowl, stop adding flour. You probably won’t need the entire 1/4 cup.
- Turn the dough over in a floured board. Using hands, knead for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- In a bowl, place dough and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rest for ten minutes.
Assembly and Baking
- On a flat surface, roll the dough into a 14×10 inch rectangle.
- Using an angled spatula, spread the red bean filling over the surface of the dough to an even layer.
- Starting on the shorter side of the rectangle, roll the dough into a log, tightening it as you go. Be careful to ensure filling does not ooze out.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 4 equal portions. Place them side up in a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Heat oven to 200 F and turn off once it reaches the temperature. Place the loaf pan inside, uncovered, and let rise in the residual heat for about 60 to 80 minutes or until puffy and doubled in size.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and preheat oven to 350 F. Bake the bread for about 18 to 22 minutes or until the top is nicely golden.
- Check the loaf halfway through bake time. If browning too quickly, loosely tent with foil.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing. Store leftovers in a covered container.
Email me here👇👇👇
for sponsorships,business & collaborations
FOR MORE VIDEOS
Click this link😊👇👇👇
●CAKES & CUPCAKES COOKED IN FRY PAN
●DIFFERENTS FOODS (FOODS TAYO PARE)
●NO BAKE CAKES & CUPCAKES
●STEAMED BROWNIES CAKES & CUPCAKES
❤LETS BE FRIEND❤
Original of the video here