Watch as Chef K and I bake our very first Rainbow bread!!!! Remember to always do this with adult supervision!! Here’s the recipe.
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
1. Add the butter to the milk. Warm in the microwave for around 30 to 45 seconds until the butter is melted. Mixture should not be too hot.
2. Add the yeast and 1 Tbsp of sugar to the milk mixture. Stir and leave for 10 to 15 minutes until bubbly.
3. Sift the flour. Add in the salt and mix well.
4. Once the yeast has bubbled up, pour the mixture in a separate bowl. Add the egg and the remaining sugar. Mix well.
5. Slowly add in the flour and mix.
6. Transfer dough to a floured surface. Knead until smooth. We spent around 25 to 30 minutes kneading ours by hand. Feel free to use a bread machine or a mixer.
7. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Add in the food coloring for each dough and knead well.
8. Once done, let the dough rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
9. Once the dough has risen, flatten each piece into a rectangle.
10. Stack the dough one on top of the other. Brush milk on each layer to make them stick together. Flatten out the dough to make sure that there are no air bubbles. Roll the dough into a log as shown on the video.
11. Grease your loaf pan. Shape your dough and place it in the pan. Proof until double in size. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350F.
12. Once dough has proofed, we can now proceed to put it into the oven. Bake for around 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
13. Optional: Once bread is out of the oven, brush butter on top. Take it out of the pan and let cool completely before eating.
Original of the video here
[Music][Music]to get out of the microwave onetablespoon of sugartake[Music][Music][Music][Applause][Music]oh my god[Music]and then put this yearly we’re gonna putthis and then get a horse and sir it’slike dingo are getting it and it’s goingto fall down like sinking on a flowerbit by bit in in the mix it well[Music][Music]once the mix period heard the mix it’sit’s very hard to mix yeah put it on afloured surface put there after 25minutes 25 minutes of hard work thedough is finally ready of take slime[Music]this is how you make this how you makethe the dough with color this hardlyneeded for one power in their scienceexample their ties like this have to bewe have to be a lot biggeryou[Music][Applause][Music][Music][Music]guys I’ve nothing up and then rolling itpork I look so sad is going right in thecamera it’s also so satisfying oh my godit got squished like a pancake and thenyou’re gonna roll it I’ll go I don’tknow I would give you okay okay it lookslike a bun and then we put it therethat’s right we’re just gonna put itthere first put oil we’re gonna conversethis is a whole happy[Music][Music][Music]taste it mind you like the originalpeoplenot really like subscribe and share andcomment when you press the notification